Wednesday, February 22, 2012

The little things

My relationship with Josh has taught me so much about love. For so long I looked for that fairy tale ideal and was always so disappointed that I hadn't found it. Josh has taught me that love is a realistic thing just like any other emotion. Some times you are crazy about each other and can't get enough, but then other times it's subtle and quiet. Love isn't what you hear about in movies or songs or books. Those big gestures are always nice and are extremely appreciated but it's the little things that really matter. The day to day things that show how much a person really cares.

For example Valentine's Day just happened and of course we did the whole thing. He got me a card, flowers and even a singing stuffed animal. I loved it a lot, don't get me wrong but today he came back home after an interview and he asked if I wanted to take a walk with him. I've been kinda bummed out the past few days due to issues with other people. Once we got out of the house we held hands and talked. It was nice to spend time together and just relax. We walked to the yogurt shop a couple blocks down and had some yogurt. On the way back he thanked me for coming with him and said that it was such a nice day out and that I hadn't been smiling as much as normal so he wanted to cheer me up. My heart melted and it was one of those times where I could feel myself falling in love with him all over again.

The fact that he was thinking of me and how to make me happy was so much better than any flowers.

Here are pictures of us at the yogurt place! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment